Hey, I’ve just got another award. This is becoming a weekly thing and I like it. Major thanks to ‘ireviewalotofpointlessthings’ for the nomination. Everyone check out her blog, especially if you are a Tarantino fanatic (you guys have got to stick together). Anyway, in return, I have to follow these rules, so here we go:
1. Post eleven facts about yourself.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create eleven questions for people you’ve nominated.
3. Choose eleven people (with fewer than 200 followers) to give this award to and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. Remember, no tag backs.
11 Facts About Myself:
1. As well as writing for this website, I write for the student newspaper.
2. I graduate Uni on the 22nd July.
3. My best mate is a DJ, which makes me his groupie.
4. I am the only person in the world who hasn’t seen Breaking Bad.
5. I once worked at a summer school for kids with special needs. Once, I was first on the scene, when one kid had an epileptic attack and took care of him during the seizure. When asked about it by my boss, I replied: “Just doing my job!” Most bad-ass moment of my life.
6. On the 7th, I shall become a Godfather.
7. I have never broken a bone.
8. This Monday is my two-year anniversary with my beautiful girlfriend. She might even tell her parents about me.
9. When I was ten, I went to Space academy.
10. I have an uncle in Detroit, who lives up to every American stereotype ever.
11. My future plans for this website is to get some advertising on it and make a profit from it. Writing on here could turn into a full-time job. Basically, I am not going anywhere 😉
And here are the questions asked by Rebekah to me. Note: I had to go back and change my facts so many times, because the questions covered them too well.
1) What is your favorite film?
Die Hard, as it is a reliable, perfect action movie. If you want something a bit more left-field, a close second is Sin City.
2) What is your favorite book?
I love ‘The Bone Collector’ by Jeffrey Deaver. Anything crime-based is good for me.
3) If you could listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Either the Bond or Bourne theme tune, because I could pretend it’s the soundtrack to my life.
4) What is the cheesiest chat-up line you know?
Girl, you make me feel like a kettle. One touch and you heat me up. Shall I return the favor and have you screaming like a teapot?
5) What fictional character do you wish was real?
Ted. I want to smoke pot with a teddy bear all day.
6) What 3 famous people would you have dinner with if you had to choose?
Ridley Scott, Guy Ritchie and Joss Whedon. One of them has to employ me, right?
7) What are you most proud of?
I performed Equus on stage, playing Dysart. It got amazing reviews and was the best moment of my life.
8) Who is your inspiration?
Tough. I want to say my Dad, because most of my good qualities come from him, but on the film side of things probably Joss Whedon.
9) What film can you quote word-for-word?
Die Hard. I am no longer allowed to watch it with other people.
10) What is the worst film you have ever seen?
The Hulk. It was one of the most disappointing experiences of my life.
And here are 11 of my own questions that you have to answer if I have nominated you:
1. Best Robert De Niro movie?
2. Best Tom Hanks movie?
3. What’s your dream job?
4. Who’s your favourite actor?
5. If you were directing a big budget movie, what three lead actors would you want to star in it? (supporting actors of course – I shotgun your lead role)
6. Name a movie you want to see a remake or sequel of.
OK, and now something a little different. I am going to say a few words and you have to answer with the first word that comes into your head.
8. TV series.
10. Les Miserables.
11. The Muppet Movie.
Now for my own nominations. Check out these blogs, because they are awesome.
2. What about the Twinkie?
3. The World’s Top Ten of Everything and Anything.
4. Amy Loves…
6. Dan the Man’s Movie Reviews
7. Tim’s Film Reviews
8. A door into Movies
9. Tracy Cembor
11. Cut the Crap Movie Reviews
And because I know you loved the trailer I posted last week, here is a short student film I starred in last year. I am the handsome guy in the suit. Enjoy.
Lots of love, Luke ‘I’m bringing Sexy Back’ Abbott